Objectives of the Society
The objective of the Society shall be to advance the education of the public in the study of Local History
- To create and foster an interest in history by means of lectures, exhibitions and visits to places of historical interest. To diffuse useful knowledge and a general educational outlook to the general public.
- To study records, buildings and other sources of information, to compile and record such sources in writing,by photography and any other means.
- To promote the permanent preservation and display, for the benefit of the public generally and the inhabitants of Gillingham in particular, artefacts and memorabilia relevant to the history of Gillingham.
- To arrange to be written, printed gratuitously or otherwise, papers, pamphlets, books and postcards.
- To do all lawful acts or things as are necessary for the attainment of the objectives of the Society.